ioLight Compact Fluorescence Digital Portable Microscope, 5.0 MegapixelsioLight
- Display images on your smart phone, tablet, or computer
- Capture and share images in high resolution
- View samples in 200x magnification
- Suitable for samples >5-10um in size
Controlled from your smartphone, tablet, or computer, these robust and compact microscopes are ideal where mobility is desired. ioLight portable microscopes excel as tools for viewing animal and plant cells, for veterinarians and parasitologists counting worm eggs in the field, and for counting cells, particles and other small samples.
Viewing of fluorescent samples:
- Great where bench space is limited
- For samples >5-10um in size
- Great for education, science outreach and demonstrations
- In the lab the microscope is suitable for qualitative sorting of samples, eg sorting organisms that are successfully expressing GFP (or other fluorophores) from those that are not
- Not suitable for quantitative fluorescence measurements
- One excitation wavelength = 465nm (blue).
- High pass filter at 500nm. So you will see emissions in the green, yellow and red.
- The working distance is about 1mm, which usually requires slide mounting.
- The microscope uses transfluorescence with the source on the opposite side of the sample from the lens. Epifluorescence (with the source and the lens on the same side of the sample) is more usual on laboratory microscopes.
- Limited brightfield capability.
- The head position determines the focus. There is just one focal plane, so one head position with the correct focus. The field of view is fixed at 1.17mm, but you can zoom in on your tablet or other device.
Made in the UK
What's in the box?
- Your ioLight Magnificent Mobile Microscope
- USB charger, international model
- Protective pouch
- Users guide and certificate of conformity
|Magnification||200x when viewed on 9" tablet screen
1mm field of view
|Excitation wavelength||465nm, other wavelengths on request|
|Emission wavelength||>500nm (detected is with a colour camera, so there is some discrimination of emission colour). Other emission wavelength options available on request.|
|Brightfield||Fluorescence only, not suitable for use in brightfield mode. Basic brightfield illumination is provided to help find subjects.|
|Display||Smart phone, tablet or computer with WiFi connection.
Direct connection, no WiFi infrastructure or router is required (internet is not required)
|Image sharing||On a smartphone or tablet, images and videos are stored in the gallery / camera roll for easy sharing.
On a computer, images and videos are stored in the web browser's downloads folder.
|ioLight App||Free for download from the Apple® or Google Play® app store|
|Image format||5MP (2592 x 1944 pixels); colour|
|Video format||MPEG-4; colour; up to 1296 x 972; 10 fps|
|Folded Dimensions||160mm x 101mm x 32mm|
|Operating Dimensions||160mm x 101mm x 107mm|
|Power supply||Integrated Li-ion rechargeable battery with USB charger (supplied)|
|Warranty||One-year warranty for parts and labor. If the microscope fails, a replacement will be sent (customer responsible for the shipping) unless it has been determined abused.|
- Apple® iPad® or iPhone® running iOS 8.1 or higher
- Android® 4.4 or higher
- Computer with WiFi and Google Chrome (or another web browser)
- We recommend newer, faster devices. Older low-performance devices may run the app, but this is not guaranteed
- 8.00 LBS
- 14.00 (in)
- 12.00 (in)
- 8.00 (in)
Calculate shipping costs at cart or checkout. Our representatives are also happy to assist you with a Shipping Quote.
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, let us help you with a replacement, return or repair. Exclusions may apply.
For full details, view our Returns and Exchanges policy.