Steindorff Stereo Forensic Comparison Stereo Microscope with 3.1 Megapixels Camera, LED IlluminationSteindorff
*** Monitor Not Included ***
This low power comparison microscope consisting of two separate stereo microscopes is ideal for forensic examination of bullets or two objects. It features variable magnification of 4x - 115x with the supplied eyepieces. A vice stage holder is provided that is ideal for holding bullets, coins or other samples on the dual rotatable mechanical stages. Two separate light sources are included which provide both top and bottom adjustable illumination. In addition items can be viewed under cross polarization to enhance a transparent surface with the included polarizer and analyzer. With the supplied trinocular body you can view on a video monitor or computer with the addition of a camera.
This microscope is great for viewing the comparison of fibers, bullets, wires, etc. It is ideal for criminal investigation and forensic sciences and offers outstanding value for the examination and comparison of two objects. It comes with a manufactures one year warranty and FREE ONE YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY for a total of two years.
- Professional Low Power Forensic Comparison Trinocular Microscope!
- Great for Low Power Microscopic Comparison of Specimens!
- Image of Both Specimens is shown Side-By-Side for Detailed Analysis.
- Perfect for Crime Scene Investigation and Forensic Science!
- Analyze and Compare Bullets, Bullet Cartridge Casings, Scratch Marks, Wires, Fibers, Hair, and Paint Fragments.
- Polarization Capable: Includes both Polarizer and Analyzer for viewing under Cross Polarization Conditions. This enhances microscope features such as tiny scratches, and also allows comparing polarization properties of specimens.
- Each side of the unit is a fully functional microscope, with the ability to independently set the magnification and illumination.
- Two Separate Specimens can be Studied Simultaneously with a Split Screen Viewing.
- The Comparison Bridge brings Both the Beam Paths together. The two Images of the Objects under Examination can be Observed in the Field of View in Multiple Ways. They can be Observed together, Side-By-Side, Separated by a Thin Line that can be Moved to Either Side Allowing More or Less of Either Object to be Viewed. On the Extremes, the Field of View can show Only the Left Object or Only the Right Object. The Viewing also has the Capability to Overlap the Images, as well as Control the Amount of Overlapping.
- Includes Two Photo Ports, One for Still Camera and One for CCD Video Camera!
- Superior Illumination Method for Brighter Images!
- Compared to our other similar model, this forensic comparison microscope has three times the illumination power! This unit has 150W instead of the normal 50W bulbs. Plus, the high power fiber optic light source is mounted to the rear of the unit instead of underneath in the base. This translates into brighter and crisper imaging.
- Also has LED illumination providing a low wattage but bright intensity light source.
Video Port and Camera Details
- High Resolution 3.1 MegaPixel Digital Camera System.
- Complete Digital Microscopy Solution Included.
- Capture high resolution digital microscope images, 2048 x 1536 pixels.
- View and record full motion live video microscope images. Frame size options for video mode: 2048 x 1536 (up to 11 FPS, depending on PC), 1024 x 768, 640 x 480, 512 x 384.
- Computer connected digital microscope camera connects via USB2.0. Includes USB cable and MS Windows software.
- Color DSP built into camera provides sharp quality color images. Image sensor size is half inch.
- Includes measuring capability with the software.
Eyepieces and Magnification
- Large Range of Magnifications from 4x up to 115x.
- Two Eyepiece Sets Included: 10x and 20x.
- Five Built-In Objectives on Rotary Selector Switchs: 0.8x, 1x, 2x, 3x, and 4.8x.
- Microscope Bridge Body Adds to Magnification by Factor of 1.2x.
- 10x Eyepiece Set Magnifications: 10x, 12x, 24x, 36x, 58x.
- 20x Eyepiece Set Magnifications: 19x, 24x, 48x, 72x, 115x.
- Install the Included 0.4x Bottom Screw-On Reduction Lens to Decrease Magnification! Use this Lens to Obtain Another Set of Magnifications for Each Eyepiece Set.
- Lowest Possible Magnification: Use the 10x Eyepiece and Bottom Reduction Lens: (0.8x Objective) (10x Eyepiece) (1.2 Bridge Factor) (0.4x Bottom Lens) = 3.8x Final Magnification. (Note: working distance will be long so some specimens with much height may not be focusable)
- Largest Possible Magnification: Use the 20x Eyepiece and Largest Power Objective: (4.8x Objective) (20x Eyepiece) (1.2 Bridge Factor) = 115x Final Magnification.
- Working Distance Approximately 105mm. Bottom lens 0.4x increases working distance.
- Includes Two Illumination Methods.
- Light Source A: Variable Intensity 5W LED Light Source in Box Enclosure. One LED light mounted to each side, with a segmented arm position light. Cool LED provides low wattage power consumption and long life bulb.
- LED Illumination source has filter holder for accepting the included polarizing filters or colored filters.
- Light Source B: Variable Intensity Fiber Optic Light Source provides Incredible Illumination with Two Separate 24V 150W (300W total illumination power) lamps in rear mounted housing.
- Fiber Optic Cables come from Rear Housing and provide a Cool illumination on the mounting stage.
- Coaxial Illumination Feature: For illumination of the inside of a shell cartridge, inside of a hole, and some smooth surfaces, the coaxial illumination attachment is best. These attachments screw to the bottom of the objective lens and have openings for the fiber optic tips. The mirror the light downward, parallel to the optical light path.
- Transmitted Light Feature: Includes a stage attachment to provide light from the bottom, transmitting through the specimen. Useful for examining paper items, film negatives, money currency, postage stamps, fingerprints, etc. Use the side mounted LED box light source to shine on the transmitted light attachment's mirror to direct light under the specimen.
Head - Comparison Bridge
- 30° Inclined Trinocular Head with Two Photo/Video Ports. One port for still photography (use trinocular lever to divert light). One port for live video (always has light going to this port).
- Adjusts to the Distance Between your Eyes: 55 to 75mm Interpupillary Distance.
- Diopter Adjustment on Both Oculars to Correct for Your Specific Vision Needs.
- Adjustment screws on comparison bridge for adjusting the separation line width and separation line shape (if thicker on one end) on the split image view.
Filters - Light Collectors
- LED side light sources have built-in filter holders.
- Color Filters Included: Red and Green.
- Polarizing Lens Filters: Polarized lens for mounting in the LED side lights with a corresponding polarized filter (called the analyzer) that mounts under the objective lens. This gives ability for doing cross polarization and is effective in increasing visual contrast on bright, shiny specimens, making it easier to see scratches and markings.
- Two Fully Rotatable Mechanical X-Y-Z Movable Stages, 65mm Diameter with Graduation Marks every 2° for the Full 360°.
- X-Y Stage Movement Knobs - Range of Movement: 51mm (X-Direction) x 51mm (Y-Direction) x 54mm (Z-Direction).
- Rack and Pinion Steel Gears with Knobs for Both X and Y Movements.
- Ball Socketed Inclinable Stages: Ball Socket Mounted Stages Provides Capability to Incline.
- Vice Type Mechanical Holder Attachments: Great for Holding Objects of Various Diameters, such as Bullets, Coins, and Industrial/Engineering Materials. Object can be Rotated as well as Inclined for Ease of Examining the Surfaces. Sits Directly on Stage. Two Included, One for Each Stage.
- Focusing Knobs on Both Sides of Microscope.
- Stage Bridge Frame Focusing Knob Moves Both Stages Up/Down Simultaneously.
- Stage Bridge Frame Also has Coaxial Knob for Moving Both Stages Left/Right Simultaneously.
- Focusing Adjustment Travel Range for Bridge: 53mm. (Stage Bridge Frame Movement Distance Up/Down).
- Focusing Adjustment Travel Range for Stage: 53mm. (Individual Stage Movement Distance Up/Down).
Frame - Base - Size - Weight
- Total Overall Height of Microscope: 625mm (top of eyepieces).
- Includes Camera Adapter: Built-In 3x Photo Lens in Phototube (for connecting USB Eyetube Camera).
- Includes Camera Adapter: 0.5x C-Mount (for connecting CCD Video Cameras).
- Includes Camera Adapter: SLR Camera Adapter for Connecting either Film or DSLR (Digital SLR) Cameras. Comes with two types of T-Adapters for different camera brands, one for Canon EOS DSLR series.
- Includes: Two Round Glass Stage Micrometers, with 20mm Long Line Divided into 100 Divisions, 0.2mm Resolution for Precise Comparison and equalization of Magnifications between Left and Right Microscope. Use these Micrometers with the Magnification Adjustment Knob to Ensure you have Identical Magnifications!
- Includes: Instruction Manual, Dust Cover, Lens Cleaning Tissue, and Two Extra Bulbs.
- Manufactured under ISO: 9001 Standards.
- 110 VAC Power Requirement (Contact us about 220V availability).
- High Quality Solid Construction!
- Precision Made Glass Optics!
- Brand New
- Assembly Required
- Warranty is 5 years for mechanical and optical defects & One year electrical arising from normal usage.
- There may be slight imperfections in the paint which has no bearing on performance.
*** This microscope is Non-Returnable. ***
- 86.00 LBS
- 24.00 (in)
- 18.00 (in)
- 18.00 (in)
Calculate shipping costs at cart or checkout. Our representatives are also happy to assist you with a Shipping Quote.
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, let us help you with a replacement, return or repair. Exclusions may apply.
For full details, view our Returns and Exchanges policy.