Steindorff SPMM Polarizing Microscope, MonocularSteindorff
This hard to find budget priced polarizing microscope is ideal for Geology, Petrology, Mineralogy study at the high school level or for the hobbyist. It features a monocular head with a unique feature allowing it to be height adjustable relative to the stage, a Bertrand lens and analyzer all of which can be removed from the optical path allowing for both brightfield and polarized uses. The fully rotatable stage is 140mm in diameter, has ball bearing movement, detachable stage clips, an adjustable screw stop, and graduation marks every 5 degrees. There are four objectives included: DIN Strain Free 4x, 10x, 20x and 40x yielding magnification of 40x, 100x, 200x and 400x with the supplied 10x eyepiece. An Abbe Condenser 1.25 N.A with iris and swing out filter holder (included blue filter) is controllable by rack & pinion movement. There are stage centering knobs that have the ability to center the objectives with the stage to ensure proper polarizing viewing. Focusing is achieved via separate coarse & fine adjustment mechanisms with steel gears for focus movement. Illumination is achieved with an attached incandescent transmitted base light polarizer 120v 15W. Included with the microscope is a mica compensator, 1/4 wavelength test plate, gypsum compensator with one wavelength test plate, extra 10x eyepiece with built-in measuring reticle X-Scale, 10mm in 100 divisions, 0.1mm resolution and extra 5x eyepiece with built-in cross hair reticle. This model comes with a manufactures five year warranty and free extended one year warranty for a total of six years.
- Polarizing Monocular Microscope - Great Value!
- Excellent for viewing rock and mineral thin sections and other geology applications.
- The quality is amazingly good.
- Polarizing microscopes are normally sold for Thousands. This is being brought to you at an incredibly low discounted price.
- Built-In Bertrand Lens with Capability for Removal from Optical Path.
- Built-In Analyzer with Capability for Removal from Optical Path.
- Transmitted Light Polarizer, with Capability for Removal from Optical Path. Fully Rotatable 360° with Graduation Marks every 5° for the full 360°.
- Selectable between Brightfield and Polarizing Light.
- Easily switch between Plane Polarized and Cross Polarized Illumination.
|Eyepieces and Magnification||
|Condenser - Iris - Filters||
|Frame - Base - Size - Weight||
*** This microscope is Non-Returnable. ***
- 18.00 LBS
- 16.00 (in)
- 16.00 (in)
- 20.00 (in)
Calculate shipping costs at cart or checkout. Our representatives are also happy to assist you with a Shipping Quote.
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, let us help you with a replacement, return or repair. Exclusions may apply.
For full details, view our Returns and Exchanges policy.