McMaster Egg Slide Counting ChambersHausser Scientific
"This item is not returnable"
The McMaster Egg Slide is used for determining fecal egg counts, which is a useful indicator of an animal's health. The slide is of all glass construction. Each of the two chambers have a 10mm x 10mm grid which are permanently etched on the under side of the top cover. The volume under each grid is 0.15ml.
Directions for Use:
McMaster Egg Slide Chamber
- Weigh out 2 grams of feces
- Pass feces through a sieve into a dish containing 60 ml of ZnSO4 or saturated salt solution.
- Stirring vigorously (transfer solution to a flask to prevent spillage), take a sample with a pipette or medicine dropper and load one of the chamber of the slide. Repeat and fill other chamber.
- Wait 30 seconds for the eggs to float to the upper surface of the counting chamber.Two focal planes exist, with the eggs an air bubbles in the upper plane. Focus on air bubbles, then count the total number of eggs under both of the grids. Do not count eggs outside of the grid.
- Multiply the total number of eggs in the two chambers by 100, this is the eggs per gram(EPG).
To clean the counting chamber: After completing the count, remove the cover glass and clean the counting chamber with water or a mild cleaning solution (10% solution of bleach). Dry the counting chamber with a soft cloth or wipe, or rinse with acetone.
- 1.00 LBS
- 3.00 (in)
- 1.00 (in)
- 3.00 (in)
Calculate shipping costs at cart or checkout. Our representatives are also happy to assist you with a Shipping Quote.
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, let us help you with a replacement, return or repair. Exclusions may apply.
For full details, view our Returns and Exchanges policy.