Phase Contrast Microscopes
High Resolution Phase Contrast Microscopes
Accu-scope, Labomed, Steindorff, Meiji & More
Phase Contrast is one of the best methods for viewing transparent or translucent specimens without staining the specimens and without a loss of resolution. This technique has proven to be a valuable tool for medical researchers in the study of living cells, cultures and many applications mentioned below. Prior to the introduction of phase contrast, living cells other semi-transparent specimens were viewed in brightfield microscopy by various staining techniques.
The phase contrast effect is simply achieved by superimposing a circular phase annulus located in the sub stage condenser with a corresponding circular phase ring located in the back focal plane of the objective lens and specimens subjected to phase contrast illumination often appear to be surrounded by halos. They appear against a grayish background if used with plain white light, and appear against a green background if used with a green filter in light path.
Phase contrast microscopes are available as simple phase contrast microscopes which includes 10x and 40x phase objectives with a pre-centered phase slider or as fully equipped phase contrast microscope which includes a Zernike Condenser and a full compliment of phase objectives; 10x, 20x, 40x & 100x Oil Immersion Objective and a centering phase telescope.
Phase contrast microscopes are a type of compound light microscope used for a wide variety if microscopy applications such as molecular and cellular biology research; clinical and medical diagnosis of health conditions; microbiological research such as virology, bacteriology, and parasitology; dog breeding, marine biology for plant and animal cells, dust mite control, paleontology and many more applications.
Phase Contrast can be performed in two different ways, on upright microscopes and inverted microscopes. Upright microscopes are the most common type of microscope, designed with the objective lenses positioned above the sample, looking downward and usually have shorter working distances while inverted microscopes are the most durable and easy to use for cell microscopy and tissue culture work including the diagnosis of tumor cells. Specialized long-working distance phase contrast optical systems have been developed for inverted microscope employed for tissue culture investigations and sperm cell motility for invitro-fertilization.
Industrial and chemical applications for phase contrast include mineralogy, crystallography, and polymer morphology investigations and the study of glass fragments. Other commercial products scrutinized by phase contrast optical techniques include clays, fats, oils, soaps, paints, pigments, foods, drugs and textiles. Also, commonly used for analysis of mineral fibers, fibers, environmental air pollution monitoring such as mold spore identification and Asbestos.
Using the phase-contrast technique while viewing and studying live blood cells is one of the most common in the field of live blood cell analysis.
The phase contrast technique proved to be such an advancement in microscopy that the inventor, Fritz Zernike was awarded the Nobel prize (physics) in 1953 for his contributions.Read More(+)
The New York Microscope Company is dominant in the field of microscope sales and repair. Our clients include governments, universities, and hospitals. Whether you need one basic compound light microscope or need to outfit an entire lab with special-use digital or video microscopes, we want to serve you. We offer the most current microscope technology, including phase contrast microscopes.
The Phase Contrast Microscope
Many Brands to Choose From
We offer several high-quality microscope brands, including Accu-scope, Labomed and Meiji.
We offer several Accu-scope brand microscopes, including:
- Accu-scope 3000 LED Phase – This microscope features a 3-watt LED illuminator, a binocular or trinocular viewing head, and 10x and 40x annuli.
- Accu-scope 3030 Inverted Phase Contrast – The Accu-scope 3030 has a trinocular viewing head, a Koehler 20-watt illumination system and 10x, 20x and 40x phase annuli.
- Accu-scope 3025 Trinocular Phase Contrast – This Accu-scope offering comes with the Accu-scope Infinity Optical System. It is designed for use by medical researchers and other professionals.
We also feature many Labomed products:
- The Labomed Lx400 Phase Contrast– This modular system provides Plan Achromatic optics, wide field eyepieces and halogen or LED lighting.
- The Labomed Lx500 Phase Microscope – The Lx500 has Siedentopf binocular and trinocular viewing bodies, a ceramic, X axis double-plate stage, and a Zernike phase turret.
- The Labomed TCM400 Inverted Phase Microscope – This is another microscope that is designed for professional use. Its high-quality optical and mechanical engineering make it a great choice.
Meiji- Another superior entry in the phase contrast microscope field is Meiji:
- The Meiji MT4000 Phase Contrast– Great for labs and classrooms, this microscope offers bright, clear images.
- The Meiji MT5000 Phase Contrast– This microscope is another outstanding offering from Meiji. It is available with binocular and trinocular heads, Koehler lighting and many other extras.
- The Meiji TC5000 Inverted Phase Contrast – This microscope allows the examination of live cultures in bottles or dishes. It comes with Super Widefield eyepieces available at 20x. A 30-watt halogen lighting system ensures bright, sharp images.
At the New York Microscope Company, we want to be your vendor for classroom, research, and medical field optical equipment. Call us today at 877-877-7274 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New York Microscope Company is the only microscope company to offer Free Service Protection Guarantee with the purchase of every microscope. Visit our Free Service Protection page for more details.